So as many already know, a while back our car was stolen right out of our driveway. It was a bummer, and we often still miss our old 4-runner, but I don't think JT and I will ever regret what we replaced it with...
Coincidentally owning a 1970's Toyota Landcruiser has been a childhood dream for both JT and I, so needless to say, it was not a difficult decision.
On a whim we threw everything into both cars, and headed to very East Texas for Memorial Day Weekend. Some friends told us about a place called Barnwell Mountain, and it didn't dissapoint! I think we have both been wanting to "test" the cruiser out since we got it back in December, but we weren't sure how the kids would like it. We finally decided that since the kids literally beg to drive anywhere and everywhere in the "blue car", that they would most likely tolerate doing just that in the dirt.
We bought JT a wide brimmed hat on the way out of town so he didn't sizzle and fry in the sun, and we caravaned out to Barnwell, a few hours from Dallas. We had an amazing time, and thought we would post some pics and video for all to enjoy. Oh yea, and Mom don't worry, the car seats are strapped in using 8000 lb webbing straps, and we were all lathered in tons of sun screen. (Incase you were wondering:)
5 comments:
awesome!!! I'm so glad you posted! That looks fun, I bet the kids totally loved it!!
I LOVE IT!!! Please talk Jason into go soon!!! Oh I miss that hobby! You have to start planning two trips to my two favorite rock crawlin' spots
Clayton, OK
Disney, OK
yay for updating! That looks awesome. I'll have to see if we can find some spots in Arky and you can bring "the blue car" here!
Wow that looks like so much fun! Amazing!
this looks so fun! jealous!!!
Post a Comment