So we finally came to the realization that we are really bad at keeping in touch with people, sending pictures to our family , and especially, sending Chistmas cards. So we are entering in to bloggage with high hopes that we can at least post some pics and some words of interest every once in a while.
I guess I should first start out by letting our friends and family know that we recently moved to Dallas, TX and purchased a cute little home for our little family. And why purchase a new, or updated home when you have had all your tools locked away in storage for two years while you were at B school, just beckoning for you to use them? You wouldn't if you were a Clark. Adhering to the call of the tools, we bought a fixer-upper, and we are, low and behold, fixing up. Fixing up Clark style means ripping out the entire kitchen, bathroom, and some bedrooms down to the studs, redoing some floor joists, installing new subfloor, and then we shall see what comes next. That's as far as we've gotten so far. We are now about to start the rebuilding process, so I will post some before and after pics soon.
Aside from that, we recently took a much needed vacation to Hawaii over the holidays, and I have some fun pics and video to share from that. We met up with JT's family in Oahu for the first part of the vacation, and ended up in Kauai after they went home. John was way excited to go to Hawaii, although he had no idea what or where it was. We told him there would be an ocean and a swimming pool, and he was super stoked!
I guess I should first start out by letting our friends and family know that we recently moved to Dallas, TX and purchased a cute little home for our little family. And why purchase a new, or updated home when you have had all your tools locked away in storage for two years while you were at B school, just beckoning for you to use them? You wouldn't if you were a Clark. Adhering to the call of the tools, we bought a fixer-upper, and we are, low and behold, fixing up. Fixing up Clark style means ripping out the entire kitchen, bathroom, and some bedrooms down to the studs, redoing some floor joists, installing new subfloor, and then we shall see what comes next. That's as far as we've gotten so far. We are now about to start the rebuilding process, so I will post some before and after pics soon.
Aside from that, we recently took a much needed vacation to Hawaii over the holidays, and I have some fun pics and video to share from that. We met up with JT's family in Oahu for the first part of the vacation, and ended up in Kauai after they went home. John was way excited to go to Hawaii, although he had no idea what or where it was. We told him there would be an ocean and a swimming pool, and he was super stoked!
While on Oahu JT and I poached some family babysitting and went skydiving together.
John loved the beach in every way!
Erin loved the beach in her own way!
And of course when John wants to climb up some lava wall, Dad encourages it.
Somewhere over the rainbow!
2 comments:
Hey Clarks!
We are so glad you are blogging now! I can't wait for updates on your house and I love seeing the cute videos of the kids. Jackson is obsessed with the "super John" photo - "Mom, how did John do that?"
Thanks for keeping us in the loop!
We miss you guys,
Michelle and Rocky
may favorite thing on this whole blog, and correct me if I'm mistaken, but are you skydiving barefoot? Sweet!
Post a Comment