Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The sign

John: Mom, can you help me make a sign so I can hang it on my door in my bedroom?
Mom: Ok, what do you want it to say?
John: Well, I want it to say don't come in and then I'm going to draw a picture of Erin cause she can't read, and then she will know that she can't come in.
Mom: Oh, well why do you want to keep Erin out of your room?
John: Because she just plays with all my toys, and I really try to share, but I don't like it any more.

4 comments:

Annie said...

Ok, that is totally awesome. Little John is wise beyond his years. I love how he wants to draw a picture so that Erin can still understand the sign. Very fair and democratic of him.

DaveandBayly said...

ah he's so funny! Did he eventually calm down last night over not getting his ice cream? love you guys!!!

JT and Kristin said...

Well, ice cream is his fav. thing, but he did calm down by falling asleep. I knew with that kind of cry that it was more than just ice cream.

Amber Ayres said...

he is tooo funny. so how did the sign turn out? did he draw the pic or did you or did you help him change his mind about banning his sister from his room?