Thursday, November 5, 2009

Birthday! Yea it was a long time ago, but it was too cool not to post!

OK, so after a long hiatus. I have a backlog of posts that I still want to share. My laptop went down a few weeks ago, with all my pictures stuck inside. I am glad to say that everything is working now, so here is the first of my posts.


This year I decided to let John choose his own birthday party theme. He has somewhat of an obsession with Star Wars. OK it is a full blown obsession, complete with knowing the names of all the characters, and what special powers each one has, oh and what color light saber they carry. JT is so proud!
First we sent the kids through rigorous Jedi training...


Then Darth Vader showed up to test their skills...

The Jedis had been trained well, and the only way Darth Vader could defeat them was with Silly String...
Then we enjoyed cake and presents. This was my second attempt with fondant, and each time I learn something new...

Oh yea, and we had a pinata. No seriously, that is a perfect description of it. I swear if you stared at it the wrong way, it would have broken. After one hit, the thing broke in half. It's not as if the kids cared, but I really wished it could have lasted longer. This is the only pic I had time to get...
It was really fun to see John and his friends enjoying Star Wars as much as JT and I did as kids!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude what were you doing up at 3am. hope you have a better night tonight.

DaveandBayly said...

that is one awesome bday party!

Amber Ayres said...

Zac still talks about that party and he still runs around hitting Landon with his "light saver" but he calls it the pirate game. I guess he's a little confused

DaveandBayly said...

love the shirt JT. is that a rhetorical question?

Mommy West said...

That is the party of any boy's dreams (hey, and probably some girls. . .). Boy, your cakes won't be on CakeWrecks anytime soon. . .fabulous job! I wish you were here to do the cake for Dad's birthday--OK, I just plain wish you were here for Dad's birthday! But we'll see ya soon. . . JT, that Silly String reminded me of when you gave Tiffer some and you ended up covered in it! Ha!