You know, that frog in my throat that creeps up each time I watch what used to be my Little John get on the bus. How did he get so big? Where has the time gone? All I have is my thousands of digital photos, and sweet, sweet memories. I guess that is just how life is. But why do I need these moments, or monumental milestones, rather, to remind me to enjoy every second with my children, my babies! I hope that frog goes soon, because it is getting harder to hold back the tears, not easier. Oh yea, and if anyone hears about one of these actually working, call me..

JT and I are way proud of John! He made it into a Montessori Charter School here in Dallas that was a fairly competitive process. His applications and interviews were way more intense than anything I did to get in to University, so we are way glad he got in.
The bus picks him up a couple of blocks from our house, so Erin, John, and I have a nice walk every morning to the bus.
Dad took a late flight home Sunday night so he could see John off to his first day of school. We asked John on our walk to the bus if he was nervous. He gave us a funny look like, 'should I be?' I guess I shouldn't ask suggestive questions. But his answer was kind of telling of John's personality, "I just need to explore it and then I'll decide."
Getting on the bus, John was the last in line. He looked so small compared to all the other kids. When he got on, the Driver asked John to sign in, and then they were off. Erin took it the hardest outwardly, by trying to chase the bus down as it pulled away, crying, "Where John go?"
JT had to be on the next flight out, so he took off, and I was kind of unsure how to feel. All I know is that it felt really good when he yelled "Mommy!" and threw his arms around me when I picked him up at noon.






3 comments:
That's exciting and the pictures nearly broke my heart. Congrats on getting into a good school! I'm sure he'll love it!! =)
-Sarah
John, we are so pround of you!! You are so lucky to be able to ride a school bus--I always wanted to when I was a little girl, but I lived too close to my schools to ride one. I hope you're enjoying your new school! Kristin, the pictures and post made me get a little frog in my throat too. . .
Ok, your kids are so cute. Mike and I both laughed when we read "I just need to explore it a little and then I'll decide." I hope our kids are as cute as yours!
Post a Comment