Monday, April 14, 2008

Good Read


I just finished the most interesting book. It is written through the eyes of an autistic boy. It tells an interesting tale of the relationships of the people surrounding the boy, and his reactions to events that are not according to his systematic daily routine. At first, I didn't think I was going to like the book because it started slow. Well, actually it has quite an opening paragraph. But as you continue on through the book, you realize what it is like to live with and take care of someone with autism. I already knew that people with autism really stick to familiar things and routines, but the book helped me better understand what is driving the need to maintain a similar schedule every day. The story is pretty incredible. It was a quick read, and I really enjoyed it.

2 comments:

brohammas said...

I will never look at red cars the same.

brohammas said...

I will never look at red cars the same.

The Hogs took third at Duke!