Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Motorcycle

Often times kids want to be just like their parents, right? John certainly likes to be like his Dad! He wants to wear shorts and shirts like Dad, drink Dr. Pepper like Dad, and drive a motorcycle just like Dad. A couple of weeks ago we took advantage of a really great sale REI was having, and got little John a bike. John got custom fit at the REI bike shop...
Then he rode the bike in the parking lot at REI for half an hour...
When we finally peeled him off the bike at REI we told him,"lets put the bike in the car so we can take it home!" He promptly corrected JT and I, "It's not a bike! It's a motorcycle just like Daddy's!" So now we have two motorcycles that sit side by side in the garage. When Dad gets his motorcycle out to go to work, John gets his motorcycle out and races Dad to the end of the driveway. He rides his motorcycle every day, several times a day, which reassures Mom and Dad that they made a good purchase.
The other day JT and I were outside doing some yard work. John was riding his motorcycle, and Erin was jumping in her bouncer watching John admiringly like she always does. But I noticed she was making more noise than usual, and giggling. JT and I looked up, and had a good giggle too...


I thought the helmet was pretty heavy for a three year old, but John somehow managed to get it off the sissy bar on Dad's motorcycle, and plop it on his head. Should I encourage this, or be worried?

2 comments:

Michelle Garff said...

Kristin, that is hilarious! Thanks for the laughs! Oh, how I miss John!

Jenn said...

We took advantage of the same REI sale and purchased a bike (motorcycle) for Lauren. She's not nearly as enthused though -- she keeps trying to sneak over to her tricycle. Oh well...we'll keep trying.