I was sitting on the beach, playing in the sand, and watching my brother, John, build things out of sand, when I saw a bee land on my beach towel. I am 10 months old, and very curious, so of course I wanted to pick that fuzzy bee up. But that bee did not want me to pick it up. It stung me right on my thumb. Oooh it hurt so bad!
Some friendly people next to us helped my mom get the stinger out, and my Aunt Bayly asked the life guards where nearest drug store was in case I was allergic to bee stings. We took a walk across the street to get some ice, and I screamed the whole way because I wanted my thumb to stop hurting. The man charged my mom 40 cents for the ice, because she did not have her own cup to put it in. I could tell my mom was mad, but all she said to the man was, "really?" I didn't like the ice any more than the bee sting, so my mom took me to the pharmacy and got some infant Benadryl. After a while, I was completely exhausted, but I couldn't stop crying. So Grandma and Grandpa held me and rocked me to sleep. When I woke up I had mostly forgotten I was stung by a bee, but my thumb stayed swollen for another day. I really hope that never ever happens again!
No comments:
Post a Comment