Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ambitious or pretentious?

The other day we were swimming at the Lake Highlands community pool which is located adjacent to a splash park. They closed the pool early that day, and were basically booting us out. I only had time to dress Erin before I was getting dirty looks and impatient foot taps from the life guards. So I wrapped a bare John up in a towel and took off toward the car. As we were passing the splash park on the way to the car, John asked in a begging tone if he could pleeeeease play at the splash park. I had already dressed Erin, and was a bit worn, so I said no. John quickly retorted while opening up his towel, exposing himself to all, "but Mom, everybody wants me!"
I mean for real, do you risk hurting his ego by laughing, or do you get angry that he is such an exhibitionist? Luckily he is only 3, so I just let it all slide, but thoroughly enjoyed that moment in my day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What - no picture to go with this precious moment? Just kidding.

val said...

hey-love your blog. that john is so funny, he totally cracks me up.

Jenn S. said...

So funny!