Orchids are most definitely my favorite plant. If I could, I would build a greenhouse full of them. Unfortunately, my thumb isn't green enough to own a garden of orchids. In fact, I have had a few orchid plants through the years, and sadly they have not survived my cross country moves.
I was recently given a gift certificate from a good friend to go choose an orchid of my liking at a place here in Dallas called, Dr. Delphinium. It was really a difficult choice, because they had a great selection, but I settled on a traditional phalaenopsis orchid. They are probably the most common orchids people own because they are one of the easiest to care for. I admit, this is why I chose it. The gardeners at Dr. Delphinium were extremely helpful and friendly, and the orchid came potted in a really cool glazed ceramic pot! Luckily there are no moves for me in the near future, and I really hope I can do this amazingly beautiful plant some justice. Lucky for me, Orchids grow really well here in the humidity of Texas. I look forward to these beautiful blooms for years to come!
I was recently given a gift certificate from a good friend to go choose an orchid of my liking at a place here in Dallas called, Dr. Delphinium. It was really a difficult choice, because they had a great selection, but I settled on a traditional phalaenopsis orchid. They are probably the most common orchids people own because they are one of the easiest to care for. I admit, this is why I chose it. The gardeners at Dr. Delphinium were extremely helpful and friendly, and the orchid came potted in a really cool glazed ceramic pot! Luckily there are no moves for me in the near future, and I really hope I can do this amazingly beautiful plant some justice. Lucky for me, Orchids grow really well here in the humidity of Texas. I look forward to these beautiful blooms for years to come!
5 comments:
great...now I seem like a bad husband. Abbey has told me for a long time that she would like to have orchids, and I even went to buy her some a few days ago (the greenhouse said they dont keep orchids in stock!?!). As we click on your blog to check for updates, all we see is a big pretty orchid and Abbey lets out a very sad sigh.
I don't think orchids would last a week at my house! Seems like you must have a green thumb to me!
id rather have tools
So pretty! I found the best trick to keeping them alive. I bought a really good quality *fake* one and it has held up amazingly well! I'm thinking that I might be on to something . . . it's one of the only plants I haven't killed! ;)
I love orchids too...they are so beautiful!
Post a Comment