Friday, April 3, 2009

OUCH

JT finally decided to get his hurting thumb checked out, and they threw it in a cast! It really is an old rugby injury that keeps haunting him, but I am glad he is finally letting it heal; or should I say the doctor is forcing him to let it heal by completely immobilizing it. He recently injured it again over Christmas break by landing on it, bending it backwards, while skiing. Even that didn't get him to a doctors office. No, it was the climbing gym. We recently got a membership to a local climbing gym here, and JT realized he was seriously inhibited by his injured thumb. Not to be out climbed by his wife and son, and soon by his 1 year old daughter, he decided he had to see the doc.
I'm sorry babe! I know it is hard to have a cast, especially since you're so long past the years where it was cool to have a cast and get all your friends to sign it. But it will be off soon, and then you will rehab, and climb way harder routes than I ever could.

2 comments:

Abbey and Todd said...

Let this be a lesson to you to always listen to doctors, because they are always right....about everything....ever.

Mommy West said...

Nice cast, JT! You are one stubborn bugger--and I seriously can't believe you ignored that so long! You're sure tough! May your thumb heal quickly and take you to greater heights!