Monday, April 20, 2009

Is it any wonder...?

I HATE THESE THINGS!
Cockroaches are still relatively new to me. I always knew they existed, but they weren't ever in my home growing up, and to be honest, were not prevalent in the state I grew up in. Even still, the type of roach that exists in the mountain west are small and darker in color. When I moved to Philly, I heard of people seeing roaches in their homes, or in restaurant kitchens, but we lived in a high rise in center city, and never saw one.
Texas is a different story. In fact, I think JT's Step Dad said it best as he warned us before our move to Texas. "If it lives, it lives in Texas!"
It doesn't matter if your home is new or old, immaculate or dirty, these ugly bugs somehow make their way in . Luckily we only see one every once in a while. But for me, even that is too much!
I caught this photo at our local YMCA as Erin and I were waiting outs
ide John's swim class. I know they are basically harmless, but they look so scary! How is it that an insect only 1.5 to 3 inches long can paralyze me. Seriously, when I see one, I literally can't move. I hope one day I will get used to them, but I know that day is no where soon!
Here is one more just for fun:



9 comments:

Jas and Kim said...

That is just freakin disgusting! Good luck with those badboys! YUCK!

DaveandBayly said...

oh sick! Remember how when we were visiting Erin ate one?! haha so gross!

Amber Ayres said...

GROSSSSSSS!!!!!

jenafeldman said...

AMEN!!!!!! I become a complete wimp around them...they are gross. You are entirely justified in your loathing and fear.

Angie said...

Um...I don't think that I would EVER get used to seeing those around! I freak out when I see a tiny spider...I can't even imagine!

Abbey and Todd said...

I hear you sista!!! I loved winter when they don't come and I've been dreading summer for them to come back and sure enough, we saw our first one of the year this morning in my closet. sick....

Rob said...

Oh yuck! Thanks for giving me a reason to be glad I'm not in Texas. BTW, check out some houses around 2100 South and 500 East in SLC and you will find the ultimate cockroach family reunion -- I'll have to tell you the story next month (when I'm in Dallas!!!) Got time to get together?

Rob said...

That wasn't Rob, it was Jenn.

JT and Kristin said...

Oh sweet! We definitely have time to get together, Jenn!