
It may have been because we were on our way to this, but didn't quite make it, or it could have been shear fright, but John and Erin most definitely did not have the best of times.
We basically got caught in the worst thunderstorm I have ever seen since we moved to Texas. It had been cloudy all day long, so I thought nothing of it. We put the kids in the Chariot, and started walking over to the lake. JT even said, "I think we should turn around," when it started lightly raining. But I could still hear the live music, and we kept walking toward it.
All of a sudden, lightening struck nearby, and the skies opened up in a major way.
At first I thought we were on one of those stormchaser TV shows where they try to get as close as they can to tornados. We had rain hitting us from every angle, even going UP our shorts. We ran to a nearby picnic pavilion, and waited there for a few minutes, but John and Erin were beside themselves. JT and I decided to just run as fast as we could, and head for home. When we burst through the door, John was really angry. I took his almost entirely dry little body out of the Chariot (thanks Chariot - you are awesome), and he folded his arms and pouted, "Mom, this was the worst day EVER!"
Oh by the way, the photo is a stock photo. We had no time to pull out the camera, although I must say, it would have been funny.
4 comments:
I got caught in this same storm...but it was in my car...thankgoodness! But everyone on the freeway was pulling over and stopping their cars and waiting for the storm to past. I had to call Anthony to make sure it wasn't a tornado cause I've never ever seen it rain like this before!!!
Man I can't believe you were out in it! we got caught in the car in it, but the kids think the rain is fun in the car, like a car wash Zac says!
Yuck! We're glad you guys made it home safe! What's up with the freak-o storms lately--the Cowboys' practice facility was flattened not too long ago too. Glad it wasn't a tornado.
Yea the storm we got caught out walking in, was the same storm that ripped the Cowboys practice stadium to pieces. I'm tellin' ya, it was CRAZY!
Post a Comment