Wednesday, August 12, 2009

From Cutie to Beauty

While on our Utah excursion, we celebrated Little Erin's big 2. This girl has done something to my heart that I can't explain. Of course I love her more than anything in the world, but it's more than that. Those who knew me growing up, know that I wouldn't have been caught dead watching princess movies, hated long hair, and steered clear of pink at all costs. I seriously hated pink so much that when my Mom dressed me in a cute pink outfit my Grandmother had sent for Christmas, I "accidentally" fell in the mud on my way to Kindergarten so I had to have my Mom bring me a different set of clothes.
I don't know if I am making up for what I wasn't into back then, but I love my little girl and how she loves pink. I love that she dances and twirls to music. I love that she says, "I pretty!" every time I put barrettes in her hair. Girls are FUN!!!
This is why I wanted to throw her a very special Birthday party with the people she loves most...

John got his very own gift for Erin, a little Shleich horse. He was very excited to give it to her!
Erin was so excited about her Noah's Ark book that she started reading it right away.
Then with this stack of books she immediately sat on Daddy and asked for a read.



Pinata time! Erin, John, and their cousins, AKA the 5 amazing kids of my Supermom sister, had a great time batting and batting and batting until the thing finally broke. They make pinatas "better" these days...
Oh yea, and did I mention that their Mom had a baby just the day before, but their awesome Dad still made it to the party with the fabulous 5 (now 6)?

Ok so I don't have a picture of the oldest cousin, Ashley. I have a video, but I can't get it to load. Sorry Ash!

So one of my favorite blogs would probably put this in the wreck category, but hey you gotta start somewhere. I LOVE baking, and I wanted to make Erin a very special 3 layer cake for her big girl party, so I experimented with fondant, and it didn't turn out half bad...




Mom and Dad gave the Birthday Girl Sleeping Beauty for her birthday which we started after the party was over. She lasted about 2 minutes.

5 comments:

Larman Family said...

That cake looks awesome!

brohammas said...

Hey, I think we still have a t-shirt at our house that John left here the day she was born.
Happy b-day.

Jas and Kim said...

I love that you have such a girly girl. She is so cute! You are quite the baker, that cake was amazing!

ww said...

"half bad?" girl, you know it's true. it looks pinkalicious!

Happy Birthday + one month, Erin!

Mommy West said...

You are too nice to me! Who's the Supermom? Look at that amazing cake! And who stayed up till like 2 or 3 in the morning at Climbing Holds and then came and planted a flower garden for me the day I came home from the hospital--in an hour and a half?! That's amazing! My kids had such a great time at the par-tay. . .they are still talking about it.