Sunday, August 9, 2009

I am still playing catch up with posting from our summer fun, so there will be even more past posts to come, but these pics are too good to pass up.
One weekend in Utah, JT and John went backpacking in the Uintas. It was John's first backpacking trip, but not his last. He even caught a fish! He told me that one of his favorite things about backpacking is pumping water with the water filter. John has already planned several more trips using his "maps". JT taught him the basics with map and compass, and he loves the maps! I have printed several more maps with our National Geographic mapping software, and John "plans" new routes that he wants to take. I just love it!







3 comments:

Larman Family said...

I love it! Great way to enjoy the outdoors.

Unknown said...

Too cute! I love that he loves to go hiking and map out his routes. Where in the Uintas did they backpack to? I love it up there, it's so beautiful right now.
(Kim Terry) i'm signed in under Jason. :)

JT and Kristin said...

They hiked in to North Erickson. Lot's of Mosquitos, but they had sooo much fun. I was actually way jealous I couldn't make it, but had important stuff going on.