Sunday, August 23, 2009

So I am really trying to finish up all my past posts about our fun summer before school starts, because I know I won't have time, and I want to start posting about current events. There are a couple of things we did this summer that just couldn't be left out, one of them being John's soccer camp.
John's coach here in Dallas told me to sign John up for a soccer camp this summer to keep his skills going until the fall season started. So while in Utah I found that Real Salt Lake puts on soccer camps for kids, taught by MLS players. We also found that it would be held in heaven...

Camp lasted 1 week, and was observed daily by one of John's biggest fans...



John LOVED learning and practicing, and the weather couldn't have been better! He had tons of fun playing a game called Tiger Tails where they tuck jerseys into their shorts and chase each other around, pulling out others "tails". Mom loved that the MLS players made learning and practicing soccer skills into games so the kids really enjoyed it more.


They did do some drills...


John scored some goals...


And Erin stole some goals...

All in all it was a great time!

2 comments:

brohammas said...

Hey JT, tell that kid to stop messing around and pick the ball up allready! Don't make him wait till grad school to become furious.

Amber Ayres said...

Go Real Salt Lake!!! how awesome! what a fun summer. Has Kelly Dolezal seen your amazing cake you did for Erin's b-day? she'd be very impressed! I love the pics of John hiking. Too cute! glad ya'll are back!